Obama gave a speech today touting a “new beginning” (I don’t even want to know what that means) to the Muslim World. It was, as usual, a great speech. Understanding. Mutual respect. Freedom of religion. Women’s rights. Good stuff. I was fine until this part: “Summit on Entrepreneurship.” That’s where my eyeballs started to bleed. I began to wonder why Obama is such a fan of Entrepreneurship in the Muslim world. Maybe he believes it’s a uniquely Muslim phenomenon.
Make no mistake. The Government has staged a hostile takeover of three major facets of our nation’s economy:
First, our financial sector is already firmly in Government’s hands.
Second, our manufacturing and energy sector is on its way. How? Let me connect the dots:
- Government Bails out GM and Chrysler.–CHECK
- Government asks GM CEO (employee of GM for 30 years) to step down.–CHECK
- Government converts its GM and Chrysler assets into Preferred Stock (which means it has voting rights…it didn’t have to do that, it could have just issued bonds)–CHECK
- Government owns over half the voting rights of GM and Chrysler–CHECK
- THEN the Government send them into Bankruptcy (couldn’t have done that BEFORE owning them, that would be CRAZY).
- Government creates a brand new division of GM to build little munchkin cars that noone (currently) wants to buy.–CHECK
- Government Motors then decides to spin off Hummer, the most gas-guzzling of the gas guzzling cars to another company–in China–for a profit–CHECK.
- Government then begins pushing HARD an “energy” plan which would (by Obama’s own admission) drive gas prices WAY up–COMING SOON
- The people of the United States like good citizens are then encouraged even more (through EXTRA tax incentives on top of the ones that are already in place) to buy the little piece of junk munchkin cars–call it “The People’s Car”–because they can’t afford a gallon of fricking gasoline–GOD HELP US ALL.
Result? Federal Government has taken over the energy industry and a huge chunk of the manufacturing sector–which narrows down further the ability for anyone to compete with the Government, therefore ENTREPRENEURSHIP in the energy and manufacturing sector goes away. Noone can find a decent job that doesn’t involve dealing with the Federal Government. And guess what…at the Government’s OWN admission, carbon emissions planet-wide doesn’t go down ONE BIT for decades…DECADES.
Next is Health Care:
- Government spends $19 billion on creating a system where doctors (many who are entrepreneurs) are bribed into putting their patients’ medical information on a DHHS managed database.–CHECK
- Government creates a “Nationwide Exchange” where people can compare plans…all of which will be forced to accept pre-existing conditions without exclusions.
- The private plans on the “Exchange” become too expensive, because (as happened in NY and other states) guaranteed issue results in noone buying insurance until they desperately need it…for a “pre-existing” condition.
- Government steps in to fix this “crisis” by creating a “Public Option” where tax-subsidized plan options are made available to compete with private plans…Those who can’t afford it are given a “hardship exemption” so they get it for free. (OH, and by they way, now it’s against the law NOT to get ANY coverage)
- Doctors (small business owners) who have stopped accepting coverage from Medicare and Medicaid will now be forced by law to do so, along with accepting “Public Option” patients.
- Finally, it becomes against the law to pay cash for medical treatment, because the DHHS can’t control it, so for “safety reasons” all transactions will be made through Government insurance coverage or maybe one or two (“bailed out”) insurance companies who will provide benefits to a few Government-owned companies in the Financial, Manufacturing, or Energy/Utilities sectors.
The result? The Federal Government has destroyed any aspect of Entrepreneurship in the Health Care sector and instead has full operational and informational control over your health care through the handy dandy DHHS database. So whether you’re covered by a DHHS “public option” or benefits through a company (which will likely be owned by the Federal Government), your health care will be finely controlled by Bureaucrats in the Department of Labor and the DHHS.
Why am I telling you all of this? What can we do? They ignored us on the Financial sector, they’ve been ignoring and are continuing to ignore us on Manufacturing and Energy. They will ignore us on Health Care as well.
I’m becoming more and more convinced that the only option left is for 37 states to call for another Constitutional Convention to create an amendment to clarify the tenth one.
But if that seems to extreme, at least understand this. If we don’t act locally, starting RIGHT NOW…
Next is housing and education. Then it’s all over…